1. What is the difference between an independent insurance agent and a captive agent?
A captive agent can write insurance products only through their parent company, or through other companies approved by their parent company. An independent agent can contract with any number of companies for you, saving you a lot of leg work.
2. How much liability do I need?
A good rule of thumb: You should carry at least as much Bodily Injury Liability as the value of your assets. Why? The more you have accumulated, the more you have to lose, and you become more of a target.
3. I'm a young driver. At what age do my rates reduce?
They should start reducing at age 18, and, depending on the company, should bottom out at 25 to 30.
4. Why are young male drivers rates higher than young female drivers?
Young male drivers rack up higher costs in settling claims for bodily injury, property damage, medical costs, and auto repair costs.
5. How long does it take for my driving record to be clean?
Under most circumstances, tickets and accidents can only be counted against you for three years.
6. If I let someone drive my car, and they get in an accident, who's insurance company pays for the claim?
Yours does! This is a little known fact, and it is a good idea to be very careful about who you loan your car to.
7. Does my insurance cover a car when I rent it?
Partially. Sometimes. Maybe. You should always contact your agent prior to renting a car. Some policies will not cover physical damage to your rental. Most companies will not extend coverage to a truck (such as a moving van). Loss of use, while the vehicle is being repaired, is usually a cost you would pay yourself. Accident filing fees are not covered by insurance. The reduction in sale value due to automobile damage is not covered by your insurer. If in doubt, it is best to buy the insurance coverage offered by the car rental company.
8. Since I rent, do I need to buy home insurance?
While it may not be required, it is a very good idea. What would it cost to replace everything you have accumulated in your home? Could you afford to do that? How much would it cost to stay in a hotel for several days or weeks until your house is repaired or you find another place to stay? These costs add up fast and a tenant homeowner policy can pay these for you.
9. Is flood and earthquake coverage automatically included in a home policy?
No. Earthquake is usually offered as an option on your home policy. Flood insurance normally requires a separate policy, underwritten by the federal government.
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclaimer: The information and descriptions contained on this site are intended for general informational purposes and do not constitute an insurance contract. For complete details of coverage, conditions, terms, and exclusions, please refer to your insurance policy.
Advantage Insurance Corp. 2022 All rights reserved.
Advantage Insurance Corp.
"Our Service is Your Advantage"
Business Insurance
Personal Insurance
Farm Insurance
Life Insurance
Health Insurance
Disability Insurance
Our Products
Customer Service
Useful Links
Privacy Policy
New to the Area
Contact Us
Our Team
Contact Us